Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Do I Make You Proud?

Just a while ago, when I was in the car fetching my Mother from the office I heard a song played on the radio that seems very familiar to me. At first, I can’t seem to remember when I have heard it or what’s the title of the song. Then finally, the first few words of the song came, suddenly memories came rushing to my mind. It was the song that we sung in one of our important occasion. It was quite very memorable. It was during this time that we had to say good bye to a life we were used to and say Hello to the new world that was waiting for us. And I think this was the reason why I can’t keep the song off my mind. It was one memorable and touching song: Do I Make You Proud by Taylor Hicks. We sang this song almost at the end of the ceremony as a tribute to our parents. 

Our Parents, who were always there to support us not only in the career we had chosen but also in what ever decisions we had made in life. They were always there for us through bad times and good times. Even though we had made wrong decisions and bad mistakes, even in times where we had nearly turned our backs on them, they had never turned their backs on us. They will never leave our side and will always welcome us back into their arms. Parents are our angels without wings. They are angels fallen from the sky to guide and protect us; to teach us how to give and show love. They are one of the reasons why living in this world is beautiful. 

My words are not enough to thank them for what they have made me. 

And someday, I hope, I can make them truly Proud. 

Do I Make You Proud 
Taylor Hicks 

[Verse One:] 
I've never been 
The one to raise my hand 
That was not me 
And now that's who I am 
Because of you 
I am standing tall 
My heart is full 
Of endless gratitude 
You were the one 
The one to guide me through 
Now I can see 
And I believe 
It's only just beginning 

[Chorus:] 

This is what we dream about 
But the only question with me now 
Is do I make you proud 
Stronger than I've ever been now 
Never been afraid of standing out 
Do I make you proud 

[Verse Two:] 

I guess I’ve learned 
To question is to grow, 
That you still have faith, 
Is all I need to know, 
I’ve learned to love, 
Myself in spite of me, 
And I’ve learned to 
Walk on the road I believe. 

Everybody needs to rise up 
Everybody needs to be loved 
To be loved 
Everybody need to rise on 
Everybody needs to be loved, to be loved 

This is what we dream about 
But the only question with me now 
Is do I make you, do I make you proud 
This is what we dream about 
Never been afraid of standing out 
Do I make you proud 
Stronger than I've ever been 
Never been afraid of standing out 

Do I make you proud 
Do I make you proud





Well, I believe this song is for the people who had been a part of our lives and who contributed and help us build who we are today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment